Natural History Museum Berlin
We are thrilled to announce that the Alliance will be co-hosting the launch of the Quadripartite’s awaited Joint Plan of Action on Tuesday, 18th October, starting at 18:00 CEST in the Dinosaur Room of the Natural History Museum in Berlin.
The event is co-organized by the four Quadripartite organizations (FAO, UNEP, WHO and WOAH) with support from the Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ), the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH, the Museum für Naturkunde, and the Foundation Healthy Planet – Healthy People.
The One Health Joint Plan of Action (OH JPA) was developed in response to international requests to prevent future pandemics and to promote health sustainably through the One Health approach. It outlines the commitment of the Quadripartite four organizations to collectively advocate and support the implementation of One Health. It builds on, complements and adds value to existing global and regional One Health and coordination initiatives aimed at strengthening capacity to address complex multidimensional health risks with more resilient health systems at global, regional and national level.
The plan includes six action tracks: enhancing countries’ capacity to strengthen health systems under a One Health approach; reducing the risks from emerging or re-emerging zoonotic epidemics and pandemics; controlling and eliminating endemic zoonotic, neglected tropical and vector-borne diseases; strengthening the assessment, management and communication of food safety risks; curbing the silent pandemic of antimicrobial resistance (AMR) and better integrating the environment into the One Health approach.
*Please be advised that a registration does not guarantee on-site attendance. We will review your registration and respond with further information before the event. All registered participants will receive online access to the event via a live stream.
The High-Level Advocacy Event will serve as an occasion for the Quadripartite members and government representatives to present the plan and discuss the opportunities for implementation, followed by an informal exchange. The program includes:
- Constanze Riedle, Head of Programme, “International Alliance against Health Risks in Wildlife Trade”, Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH
Introduction and Welcome
- Svenja Schulze, Minister, German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development
- Wilhelmina Jallah, Minister of Health, Republic of Liberia (tbc)
- Chadia Wannous, One Health Global Coordinator, World Organisation for Animal Health (WOAH)
- Francesco Branca, Director, Nutrition and Food Safety, World Health Organization (WHO)
- Keith Sumption, Chief Veterinary Officer, Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO)
- Wondwosen Asnake KIBRET, Policy and Partnerships Coordinator, Europe Office, UN Environment Program (UNEP)
- Thomas C. Mettenleiter, President, Federal Research Institute for Animal Health and Co-Chair of the OH High Level Expert Panel (OHHLEP)
- Cem Özdemir, Minister, German Federal Ministry of Food and Agriculture